and Ancient Greek Philosophy Retreat
June 16 - 23, Karpathos, Greece
Join us for a unique retreat adventure on the tranquil island of Karpathos combining mindfulness meditation with insights from the indigenous Hellenic wisdom tradition of Ancient Greece.
This exclusive experience offers a variety of mindfulness practices - meditation, walking, and yoga, with enjoying the local natural setting - hiking, beaches, good food and people, and learning about the ancient greek philosophical tradition, which is particularly complimentary to mindfulness and modern life.
The experience includes:
* 7 nights barefoot luxury ensuite accommodation, in a sublime
natural landscape just on the shores of the Aegean Sea.
* Locally grown, healthy and delicious breakfast, lunches and
dinners (Mediterranean detox and delight!). Vegan,
vegetarian and gluten-free options are available upon request.
* Daily mindfulness practices
Meditation/Hellenic philosophy talks
10 optional yoga sessions
* Excursion to the famous mountain village Olympus with
* Special events evenings
* Optional hiking/walking
* 1 optional personal coaching session
* All transportation on the island, including airport pick-up and drop-off.
Sample Daily Schedule
Optional sunrise yoga
Enjoy a beautiful healthy breakfast
Enjoy a delicious healthy fresh lunch
Mindful walking and exploring the beautiful island and sea
Hellenic philosophical exchanges
Mindfulness practices (a variety of meditations)
Optional individual coaching sessions
Optional massage and spa treatments (paid individually)
Enjoy a nourishing dinner
Optional bedtime yoga/ mindfulness practices under the starry night sky
~ *All-Inclusive Rates * ~
If you've participated in a programme with Sophie or Athena this year, or if you're a member of Estia Wellspace, you get 10% off!
All prices include accommodation, 3 meals a day, transportation to/from the airport, 2 island excursions with dinner.
Shared double room with 2 beds and private bath
€1,295 ( approx. £1067)
Single occupancy with private bath
€1,695 (approx. £1396)
* Additional discounts are available for a limited number of spaces, for example in the case of special offers, financial hardship or special circumstances. For more information, contact us at email@example.com
~ * Programme Summary * ~
Our retreat is based on 3 complimentary pillars which support a transformative, enriching practice:
• Nature – Take a rest from your devices, responsibilities, and business and relax in a sublime natural setting.
• Mindfulness practices/ meditation/ optional yoga Based on insights from neuroscience, and ancient mindfulness traditions of the East and West, we will incorporate a variety of practices working with breath, body and mind.
• Indigenous wisdom-Hellenic philosophy – As we are in Greece, we will learn about the mindfulness traditions of the ancient greek philosophical traditions, which utilises nature as a means of cultivating a state of presence and alignment with oneself.